Welcome to the Swim Fin Swim School run by David Knibbs.
Thank you for joining one of our swim schools
Swim Fin Swim School Terms and Conditions
All customers are expected to abide by the terms and conditions set out below. In the unlikely event of failing to do so, a customer may be requested not to continue lessons with Swim Fin Swim School. A refund will not be eligible in these circumstances.
- Customers are responsible for their children at all times (except during a lesson where the child is NOT accompanied by an adult carer) and must inform the teacher prior to the lesson of any concerns they have.
- Customers accept that at times there will be physical contact between the teacher and their child, in a professional, caring manner.
- Swimmers should not enter the pool until the teacher says it is safe to do so and must tell the teacher if leaving the pool before the end of the session.
- Customers should inform the teacher of any health issues that may be relevant.
- We operate a strict nappy policy for those children not yet fully toilet trained.
- Nappies (including disposable swim nappies) must not be left on the pool premises.
- Please do not run on the pool side, remove loose fitting or sharp jewellery, tie back long hair or wear a swim cap, do not drink alcohol prior to the lesson and do not eat or chew gum during the lesson.
- Photography (other than by our professional photographers) is not permitted at any time.
- Customers must follow pool procedures as advised to them at the time of confirmation.
- Customers should aim to arrive no more than 15 minutes before the lesson and leave no more than 15 minutes after the lesson to help improve changing room comfort.
- Car seats and push-chairs etc. should be left in the changing rooms as there is not enough room for them on poolside.
- Food is strictly forbidden in the pool buildings and please minimise mess on the floor. (Eg. mud, grass etc). Please inform a member of staff if the floor is soiled. Strictly no outdoor footwear or buggies poolside.
- For health and safety reasons, we have been advised that you should not bring your child into the pool for 1 weeks after suffering from diarrhoea.
- All swimmers must shower poolside before getting into the pool.
- All plasters and hair clips must be removed before swimming in case they come off in the water and then cause damage to pool filters.
- No make-up or body lotions to be used as these significantly deteriorate pool water quality.
- Lost property found at the pools will be kept for a period of 6 weeks, and if not claimed, may be disposed of.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden within any pool building or school grounds.
- Abuse to any member of staff either verbally or physical will not be tolerated and will be reported to the appropriate authorities at the sole discretion of Swim Fin Swim School.
- You must adhere to the instructions given to you regarding car parking, entry and exit route to pools
- Swim Fin Swim School cannot be held responsible for and consequential loss or damage to your vehicle or property whilst on school grounds.
- Swim Fin Swim School do not store or record any information about your bank accounts or credit cards.
- In the unlikely event of your cheque being returned by your bank as unpaid, a £10 admin charge will be applied.
If we need to change lessons
- Due to the event of an instructor being absent for a group or a private lesson, the swim school are within their rights to change the instructor to make sure that your lesson is covered and no refunds will be given for lessons because of a change of instructor.
- In the unlikely event of “last minute” lesson time changes by us, you will be notified by us, by text message to your mobile phone, with as much notice as possible. If you do not supply us with a mobile phone number, a voice text will be left on your home number (messaging service required such as BT1571). Swim Fin Swim School will not reimburse any expenses caused by a customer failing to pick up their message.
- We will always try to reschedule any lesson that has not been able to occur and you will always be notified ASAP of any changes. You may only claim a credit instead of attending the re-scheduled lesson if you notify us within three days of notification of the rescheduled lesson.
- In the unlikely event of lesson cancellations by us, your account will be credited for that lesson. Your re-enrolment letter will advise you of credits outstanding which you can deduct from your next term’s payment, or if you are not returning you can at this stage request a cheque which will be issued after the end of your current term. Unclaimed Credit notes will remain on our system for 6 months from the first date of notification.
- If your lesson is cancelled part way through, you will only be credited if you were in attendance, and for the part of the lesson that had to be cancelled, on a pro-rata basis.
- In the event that you are unable to attend a lesson due to sickness or holiday, we regret that we are unable to refund you as your payment secures your place for the full term. In the case of serious illness (i.e a broken limb) each case will be considered individually, and in exceptional circumstances, may be given the option of carrying lessons over at a later date.
- No refunds will be offered in the case of circumstances outside of our control Force Majeure such as Adverse Weather conditions, power interruption, ‘acts of god’ as deemed to be contractually outside of our control.
- No refunds are given if you decide to finish at the school once the term has started.
In the unlikely event of the ‘pool’ not being available for us to use due to technical difficulties or health and safety issues Swim Fin Swim School will endeavour where possible to reschedule the lessons. If this should be the case Swim Fin Swim School will give any notice that is possible to do but cannot be held responsible for any additional travel expenses incurred.
When a pool is not available on a longer term basis (in excess of one week), on public health or other grounds outside of our control (not including operational issues with the pool), then we cannot be responsible for providing any further lessons during that time. In the unlikely event of this being the case and it is not possible to reschedule the classes, we will use best endeavours to either refund the unused balance of your course fees or to recompense you in services or refunds in a future cycle.
Photography & Video
Please Note Swim Fin Swim School expressly forbids the right to reproduce any part of our lessons in any form (e.g. on the internet, DVDs, photographs etc). Anyone suspected of filming or photographing via any means including mobile phones will be asked to stop filming and leave the course without any refund.
All Swim Fin Swim School photography, logos and illustrations are the copyright of Swim Fin Swim School. Any scanning or reproduction of any of the above without our written agreement will be regarded as being in breach of our copyright and dealt with accordingly.
Swim Fin Swim School reserves the right to use any photography taken by our approved photographer for publicity purposes. However, in each instance we will endeavour to inform you first.
Swim Fin Swim School cannot be held liable for the actions of third parties, and, therefore excludes to the fullest extent possible by law, any liability arising from a breach of this section headed “Video and Photography” by any party.
Valuables and Jewellery
All property left in changing rooms or on poolside, and all property (including prams) left in entrance halls or outside, is left entirely at your own risk. Swim Fin Swim School cannot accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal possessions. Please ensure you remove all jewellery before entering the water.
You must declare to a member of staff any existing medical conditions that you are aware of your child or adult if taking lessons that may be communicable or possibly be harmful or not to another person. You agree to inform Swim Fin Swim School of any changes in any medical condition or psychological conditions as soon as you are aware of them. All information will be kept strictly confidential and at Swim Fin Swim Schools discretion to accept or refuse any applicant to join in classes or attendance.
Should your child or the adult taking your child into the water have, or develop, any known or suspected medical condition you must please consult your doctor before bringing them swimming and inform Swim Fin Swim School in writing via email or post. All information received is treated in confidence and with sensitivity.
Never bring your child swimming if they have any illness such as an ear infection, vomiting, diarrhoea, sickness, chicken pox, impetigo, conjunctivitis or merely a bad cold. Please wait until your doctor has given the all-clear before returning to classes.
In the instance of sickness and diarrhoea your child must have been clear of all symptoms for at least 48 hours before attending a lesson.
Withdrawal of service
Swim Fin Swim School, at its own discretion, may refuse entry to a client to its courses if it is felt that the client’s behaviour is in any way disruptive or unreasonable.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
From time to time Swim Fin Swim School may update these terms and conditions by publication to the website www.swimfinschool.com and by sending you either an updated version or notification of minor changes. If you are not happy to accept these changes we would ask you to notify Swim Fin Swim School in writing of your non acceptance within 14 days of your receipt, failing any such communication from you we deem that you fully accept our updated agreement and terms.
Materials made available on this site, including materials in linked sites directly or indirectly accessible from this site, are provided “as is”, with no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Any reference to linked sites or to third party companies, products or services by name does not constitute or infer its endorsement by Swim Fin Swim School.
Swim Fin Swim School has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure that information provided through this website is accurate at the time on inclusion; however it accepts no liability for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the site. The information available on the site may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate.
Swim Fin Swim School reserves the right at any time and without prior notice to make changes and corrections to the material on the site. Swim Fin Swim School accepts no liability for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused by the use or the inability to use the materials available in this site or any linked site.
Swim Fin Swim School has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the Intellectual Property of third parties is not infringed. If, however, you genuinely believe that the material on this site infringes any Intellectual Property rights, please contact Swim Fin Swim School directly.
We respect your need for privacy and keep any information that you share with us in confidence. We are bothered by spam and unsolicited phone calls as much as you are, and we do what we can to discourage these practices. We record your personal information only if you provide it to us when expressing an interest in our services. We do not share this information with any third parties.
What will we do with your information? We will call you only if you contact us with a question and ask for a return call. In short, we use your personal information only to serve you better. We want you to be comfortable contacting us.
All images displayed on this website are under the ownership of the photographer concerned. Agreement to display the photographs has been reached and they are not available to be copied.
Swim Fin Swim School Complaints Procedure
Our aim is to ensure you are very happy and satisfied with our service. In the event that you need to complain, please follow this procedure:
Speak to the poolside assistant or pool staff (if present) or teacher. The pool or office staff member would try to resolve the matter satisfactorily. If the response is not satisfactory, a written complaint should be submitted to Dave@swimfinschool.com